July 2018 HFCFI Newsletter
Harvest for Christ Foundation, Inc.
4373 Union Street, Unit 5D
Flushing, NY 11355
Thank you so much for your prayers and support for the Harvest for Christ Foundation ministries!
The Romulo family expresses our deepest appreciation for your loving prayers and encouragement as we went through our time of grief (and celebration as well) as the Lord called Sis. Maria G. Romulo home to Himself last May 18. She was 97 years old. We were so blessed by your presence and prayers.
Here are our ministry updates for the months of May and June:
- WHEELCHAIR MINISTRY: Shown in picture is Bro. Arnel Gajolin (standing, in the middle), pastor at Burgos Church, Rizal, with Sis. Corita de la Cruz (seated in wheelchair), and her family. Corita is a young mother who was recently diagnosed with stage 3 cervical cancer. She is undergoing blood transfusion and chemotherapy now – later she needs to undergo dialysis. She and her family are so thankful for the wheelchair and financial assistance we gave her, and are requesting for our prayers and financial assistance for her subsequent chemotherapy sessions. We need your help in raising at least $1,000 for her needs. Please help us help Corita, who has two young children.
(in partnership with IDES, we have provided twelve (12) wheelchairs to disabled patients: four in Talavera (N. Ecija), three in Manena (Pampanga),three in Kalibo (Aklan),one in Tabaco City (Albay), one in Burgos (Rizal)since March. Praise God !)
- MEDICAL MISSIONS: we conducted two (2) more medical/dental missions in needy communities in Burgos (Rizal) and San Isidro, Cainta (Rizal), hosted by our local churches.
For the 2ndquarter of 2018, we ministered to 400 medical patients, 135 dental patients, 138 optical patients, and distributed 200 Bibles (including 50 Bibles for children). IDES co-sponsored these medical missions.
- EMERGENCY/DISASTER MISSION: we have finalized our financial projections and timeline for the full completion of the church building in Siruma, Camarines Sur (see below) which was completely destroyed by typhoon “Nina” last November 2016. We have submitted our request to IDES for the reconstruction expenses (projected at P350,000, or approximately $ 6,800), but we need to raise $ 2,000for our operational (travel, lodging, food, labor) expenses. A donor has graciously committed to giving $ 1,000for this need. We thank God for this provision.
Won’t you please consider helping us raise the full amount for the “Siruma Rebuilding project”?
- CHILDREN FEEDING MINISTRY :we initiated a street children feeding ministry in Sarangani City, South Cotabato, through the Spring Church and the local DSW (Dept. of Social Welfare) office. Bing Seguia (seated, extreme left) the church pastor, has conducted three feeding programs, and is preparing to do a couple more programs among the indigenous B’lann Tribe.
One mother/volunteer accepted Jesus Christ into her life, and has found the true Bread of Life.! Praise God for His grace!
- PREACHERS’ SUPPLEMENTAY SUPPORT MISSION– we continue to support eight (8) full-time pastors who have just recently finished their first “Real-Life” Discipleship course. Thanks to Bro. Rasty Conte for facilitating this training. They are now leading their congregations into much-deeper ways in discovering joyful, fresh insights and truths in God’s words.
- FUNDS FORWARDING MISSION– We continue to help the following organizations/ churches by providing a Christian 501-c-3 organization/forwarding agent for funds donated in the US :
a) Manila Bible Seminary– for both their funds campaign and students’ scholarships. We are also looking for direct funds to help them in roof repair/s.
b) San Fernando and Manena churches(Pampanga) – from several individual donors
c) Laguna churches– from a family donor
d)Romulo Memorial Resource Center(currently at the MBS compound) – currently funded by the Diego/Maria Romulo Memorial and the Romulo family
(*Disclaimer: HFCF functions as a forwarding agent for the above churches/ organizations, but holds no oversight responsibilities over them. They directly report to, are accountable to their individual private donors, and not to Harvest for Christ Foundation, Inc., whether in the US, or in the Philippines.)
Please do pray with us, and consider helping us, so we can meet all these needs, for God’s glory. Indeed, “… the fields are white and ready unto the harvest.”
Your fellow servants in the Lord’s harvest work,
David G. Romulo/Eli Cubol/Jonathan G. Romulo
Harvest for Christ Foundation, Inc.
(Harvest for Christ Foundation, Inc. is a (501)-c-3 organization, registered in New York State. All donations/ contributions may be used for tax deduction purposes. Our Federal ID number is 52-2396472.)
Please visit/join us at < https://harvestforchristinc.org>.