April 2019 HFCFI Newsletter
Dear friends, partners and co-laborers in the Lord’s vineyard,
We continue to thank the Lord for your prayers and loving support for the needs of our brethren in the Philippines. The first quarter of 2019 was an exciting faith journey for the Lord’s work by the HFCF Ministries’ partners and fellow laborers. Allow us to update you:
- SIRUMA CHURCH REBUILDING: In partnership with IDES (International Disaster and Emergency Services, Indiana), God allowed us to finally finish rebuilding the Siruma church building which was all but destroyed by typhoon ‘Nina’ last 2015. Siruma is a small seaside town in Camarines Sur (part of the Bicol Peninsula) about 10 – 12 hours south of Manila, and two hours away from Naga City. Bro. Ben Formales (see picture at right) and Arnel Gajolin, our tireless Disaster Assistance Team, first arrived on the site on Aug. 12, 2018, to assess the damage and start working on the rebuilding plans. Reconstruction efforts started a few months later.
Finally, on April 13, 2019, after years of prayerful waiting, the Siruma Church of Christ congregation gathers for a joyful thanksgiving and worship!! “…Words are not enough to fully express our heartfelt thanksgiving, first to our Lord, and to IDES and Harvest for Christ Foundation, for your invaluable help. After waiting and praying for a longtime, God provided His answer through you. All praises be to our merciful God !” (Bro. J. Aberria, elder).
Ps. 90:16, “May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children.”
A place of desolation is now a place of joy and celebration!
- MEDICAL/DENTAL MISSION– Last March 9, our medical/dental team joined the ‘Gift Ministry Team’ for a free clinic in a needy community in Brgy. San Buenaventura, Luisiana, Laguna. The Gift Ministry Team, a medical team headed by Bro. Denar Gonzales, seeks to serve needy churches and communities in Laguna and nearby provinces. Our next medical/dental team mission is scheduled for May 4, Saturday in Talavera, Nueva Ecija.
- SCHOLARSHIP PROJECT: After years of preparation, planning and much prayers, we are excited to announce the launching of the “HFCF Scholarship Project”. Effective June 2019, we will be sponsoring two sophomore students (one each from the Manila Bible Seminary and the International Christian College of Manila, or ICCM).
These scholars will be sponsored until their graduation, and they will be carefully guided and mentored by our Scholarship Leadership Team (headed by Bro. Ben Formales, assisted by the respective Deans.
Please pray with us as we embark on this new endeavor to help train our future leaders, in partnership with MBS and ICCM.
Rom. 10:15, “And how can anyone preach unless they are sent?… how beautiful are the feet of those who bring goodnews!”
- FISHING BOATS LIVELIHOOD: Supported by a generous grant from IDES, we were able to send our Disaster Assistance Team back to Occidental Mindoro. They had just distributed rice seedlings and farm implements to more than 70 farmers whose rice crops had been destroyed by a massive flooding.
This time, we were able to provide funds for new motor boats for five fishermen whose fishing boats had either been destroyed or had broken down.
Praise God for His loving mercy!These fishing boats will provide livelihood for these five fishermen and their families, as well as renewed hope and faith in God’s love for His people.
Several of the recipients are also ‘fishers of men’, either as an evangelist or a pastor in their local churches.
- PREACHERS’ SUPPLEMENTARY SUPPORT MISSION: We are happy to announce that effective March 2019, we have started supporting Bro. Lemuel Bas (see picture at left), a pastor who works with tribal communities at the Sto. Thomas church, Abra de Ilog, Occ. Mindoro.
One of HFCF’s long-term goals is to start an ongoing ministry (children feeding, medical and benevolence mission programs) among tribal communities who need it the most. It’s true they need the Gospel, but we can o God’s compassion and love to them by first showing that we deeply care for them.
Please pray with us that God’s compassionate grace will be abundantly shared with these tribal communities (the Mangyans) through Bro. L. Bas. Should you want to join our efforts to reach and minister to them, please indicate ‘Tribal community outreach’ in the memo portion of your check donations.
- FUNDS FORWARDING SERVICES: We continue to function as a forwarding agent for the following:
- Manila Bible Seminary – from a limited number of supporters in the US
- San Fernando and Manena churches, Pampanga – from two donors/supporters
- Several Laguna churches – from a family-donor
- Special benevolence assistance for “HOPE FOR ED”campaign- we have forwarded funds for Ed Fabian’s ‘Deep Brain’ Surgery. Currently the Praise and Worship Minister at the Church of Christ at Village East, MM, Ed Fabian suffers from advanced stage Parkinson’s Disease. We still accept donations for Ed- please indicate “Hope for Ed” in the memo portion of your check donation.
(NOTE: HFCF Ministries do not provide any administrative oversight or supervision over these recipients and ministries. They all directly report to their respective supporters and donors).
Please do pray with us, and do consider helping us, so we can meet all these needs, for God’s glory. Indeed, “… the fields are white and ready unto the harvest.” Won’t you help us answer God’s call?
Your fellow servants in the Lord’s harvest work,
David G. Romulo/Eli M. Cubol/Jonathan G. Romulo.